Wednesday, June 1, 2011


We had a nice and tame Memorial weekend.

Saturday, we went with two of our friends and had lunch at Helga's German Deli and Restaurant. They have a patio that is dog friendly, and the deli is not all that big. The food is pretty good and the price is decent.

If I were to rate Helga's, I would give it 3 1/2 burps on a scale of 5 burps being the best and 1 burp being the worse. The reason I gave it a 3 1/2 was because I, being a southern boy, like my tater salad cold, not hot. 'Course that is how they do it German style. If I had been better prepared, I could give it a higher score. I just had my mind and taste buds ready for cold potato salad. It is a neat little place to go to feed your face if you are on the east side of town. It is out off of I-225 and a little east on Exposition.

Sunday, we had a party to go to for someone from Kathi's work. The food and munchies were really good and I got to meet some new people. And seeing as it was near Fort Logan, we made our trip to Fort Logan at that time. I think it is better to go a day early because the crowds are a lot thinner and you don't feel like you are being rushed. It was a lot easier to find a place to park, so we didn't have to walk miles to get to a loved one's resting place.

Fort Logan, as always, was beautiful, with all the little flags blowing gently in the breeze. We spent time at my grandfather's (Pappy) site. He is on a little hill facing south. Then we went to my nephew's (Grant) site and spent some time there. I wish I would have had a little bottle of Hennessey whiskey. We could have had a little drink together. I'll catch him next time I go there. Then we went to visit Kathi's dad, and we spent some time there also. He and my nephew are in the same area. 'Course, we cried some and remembered stories of them. It was a nice way to end a Sunday.

Monday, we slept in just a little, did some errands, and pretty much hung around the house. Later on we had bowling. Kathi's team did not do too well. And the team I am on? Well, we won three games. YAY! But not by a whole lot. We just squeaked by, kinda quiet-like. After bowling, we went to Denny's for a bite to eat. While there, I got a phone call from a friend of mine from high school (Joe). He was with me when I got busted years ago in my youth for riding a Big Wheel through Red Rocks Park. But that is a story for another time.

So our weekend was pretty much, nice and peaceful.

I hope that the rest of you all had a good weekend and didn't over do it on Bar B Q!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.